Meet the Associated Faculty and Staff
Bob Pierce, Ph.D.
Extension Associate Professor
Department of Fisheries and Wildlife Sciences
302 ABNR, Fisheries and Wildlife
Columbia, MO 65211
Robert provides statewide leadership for MU Extension wildlife
and fisheries educational programs here in Missouri.
He works closely with MU Extension Centers and Extension Regional
Specialists to develop educational programs that meet the objectives
for a variety of clientele across the state. In addition he provides
leadership for the Missouri Master Wildlifer Program, the Missouri
Master Naturalist Program, and collaborates with the Extension Forester
in conducting the Missouri Woodland Steward Program. Exploring the
relationships between land use and the wildlife community within the
forest and agricultural ecosystem in Missouri is part of Robert's
research interest. He is also interested in developing agroforestry
practices which enhance habitats for a variety of wildlife and which
meet the goals and objectives of the private landowner.
- Sudkamp, S., R.N. Chapman, and R.A. Pierce II. 2008. Quail Friendly Plants of the Midwest. MU Extension Publication MP903. 121pp.
- Walter, D., and R.A. Pierce II. 2008. Integrating agroforestry practices for wildlife habitat. Agroforestry in Action Publication AF1012. University of Missouri Center for Agroforestry. 16pp.
- Pierce, R.A. II, K.C. Moore, and S.F. Matthews. 2008. Landowners' guide to lease hunting in Missouri. MU Extension Guide G9420. 8pp.
- Pierce, R.A. II, J. Parcell, C. Boessen, R. Hayward, and C. Hicks. 2007. Paddlefish Production: Opportunities for Missouri pond and lake owners. MU Extension Guide G9470. 4pp.
- White, B., P. Graham, and R.A. Pierce II. 2007. Missouri Bobwhite Quail Habitat Appraisal Guide: Assessing your farm's potential for bobwhites. MU Extension Publication MP902. 15pp.
- Pierce, R.A. II, and E. Gallagher. 2005. Ecology of Northern Bobwhite Quail in Missouri. MU Extension Guide G9431. 8pp.
- Pierce R. A. II, B. White, and P. Graham. 2005. Habitat Management Practices for Bobwhite Quail. MU Extension Guide G9432. 4pp.
- Pierce, R.A. II, D.T. Farrand, and W.B. Kurtz. 2001. Projecting the bird community response resulting from the adoption of shelterbelt agroforestry practices in eastern Nebraska. Agroforestry Systems 53: 333-350.