Meet the External Collaborators
John Kabrick, Ph.D.
Adjunct Assistant Professor of Forestry
North Central Research Station, US Forest Service
202 ABNR, USFS
Columbia, MO 65211
(573) 875-5341 ext. 229
- Kabrick, J.M., D.C. Dey, and J.R. Motsinger. 2007. Evaluating the flood tolerance of bottomland hardwood artificial reproduction. In: Clatterbuck, W. and D. Buckley (eds.) Proceedings of the 15th Central Hardwood Forest Conference. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-101.
- Van Sambeek, J.W., R.L. McGraw, J.M. Kabrick, M.V. Coggeshall, I.M. Unger, and D.C. Dey. 2007. Developing a field facility for evaluating flood tolerance of hardwood seedlings and understory ground covers. In: Clatterbuck, W. and D. Buckley (eds.) Proceedings of the 15th Central Hardwood Forest Conference. Gen. Tech. Rep. SRS-101.
- Kabrick, J.M., D.C. Dey, J.W. Van Sambeek, and M.A. Gold. 2005. Soil properties and growth of swamp white oak and pin oak on bedded soils in the lower Missouri River floodplain. Forest Ecology and Management. 204:315-327.
- Dey, D.C., W. Lovelace, J.M. Kabrick, and M.A. Gold. 2004. Production and early field performance of RPMr seedlings in Missouri Floodplains. pp. 59-65. In: Michler, C.H. and others, eds. Proceedings of the Sixth Walnut Council Research Symposium on Black Walnut in a New Century; 2004 July 25-28; Lafayette, IN. Gen. Tech. Rep. NC-243. St. Paul, MN: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service. North Central Research Station.
- Dey, D., and J. Kabrick. 2004. Regenerating oaks in Missouri's bottomland forests. Missouri Conservationist. 65(7):19-22.
- Shaw, G.W., D.C. Dey, J. Kabrick, J. Grabner, and R.M. Muzika. 2003. Comparison of site preparation methods and stock types for artificial regeneration of oaks in bottomlands. pp. 186-198. In: Van Sambeek, J.W., J.O. Dawson, F. Ponder, Jr., E.F. Loewenstein, and J.S. Fralish, eds. Proceedings of the 13th Central Hardwood Forest Conference 1-3 April 2002. Urbana-Champaign, IL. General Technical Report NC 234. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Forest Service, North Central Research Station. 565 p.
- Dey, D.C., J.M. Kabrick, M.A. Gold. 2003. Tree establishment in floodplain agroforestry practices. pp. 102-115 In: Sharrow, S.H. (ed.) Proceedings 8th North American Agroforestry Conference. 23-25 June 2003. Oregon State University. Corvallis, OR.